The following is a list of general office security recommendations, which are offered to you as an aid in preventing crime:
- Lock up your valuables even if you are just going down the hall. It takes a theif less tha 10 seconds to enter a room and steal your property.
- Lock up laptop computers before leaving for the night.
- When entering a secure area, do not let someone unknown to you 'tailgate' in behind you.
- Make individuals unknown to you present their I.D. to confirm access authorization.
- Do not leave messages on your door indicating you are away and when you will be back.
- Do not put your home address on your keys and do not leave your keys in a 'special' hiding place in your office.
- Call the Office of the Building at 312.827.7800 to report any suspicious persons or activities.