180 North LaSalle is equipped with an emergency generator which maintains certain vital building systems during a power outage. This includes life safety systems, emergency lighting on each floor, and the freight elevator.
- In the event of a power outage, remain CALM. The building emergency power system will automatically activate.
- If possible call the Office of the Building at 312.827.7800 to advise them of your location and the nature of the problem.
- Assist others in your immediate area who may be unfamiliar with the building/workplace.
- Turn off equipment such as computers and monitors to avoid damage once power is restored.
- If you are in a dark area, proceed cautiously to an area that has emergency lights or locate flashlights if they are available in tenants’ suite.
- If you are on an elevator, stay CALM. Use the emergency intercom button to alert Security. During a building-wide power outage, elevators will stop momentarily and remain at that spot until power is restored.
- If instructed to evacuate the building, refer to evacuation section of this guide.